History

Dehu Road Cantonment, which is one of the newest Cantonments, was established in the year October,1958. The Britishers established Dehu Ordnance Depot and Dehu Ammunition Depot in the 1940s.

Geographical Location: Located in the hills of the Sahyadris. It is located 25 kms away from Pune city on the Western side. Holy River Indrayani is also passing through the Limits of Cantonment Dehu Road.

The Dehuroad Cantonment Board was established in the year 1958 and is a autonomous body controlled by the Govt.of India, Ministry of Defence.The Cantonment Board Dehuroad is divided into 07 wards in seven villages which includes civil and military population As per Census 2011 the population figure of Dehuroad Cantonment is 48961 which includes military population also. Elections to the Cantonment Boards are held as per the directions of, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi and as per the Cantonments Electoral Rules 2007 and not as per directions of Election Commission of Central or State Govt.

The Cantonment Board consists of 07 elected members elected by the general public by General Election as per Cantonment Electoral Rules 2007 every five years. The Officer Commanding the Station is the President of Dehuroad Cantonment board which is by virtue of the position as per Cantonments Act 2006.